Go behind the scenes and come face to face with our closest living ancestors.
You’ll go inside the chimp night quarters where you’ll meet the chimp troop including our infant chimp and assist the keepers in preparing enrichment items and treats for the group.
During this experience, you will gain a greater understanding of a day in the life of a Monarto Zoo chimpanzee, and also learn how you can assist in the conservation of their wild cousins.
- Entry into Monarto Zoo
- Exclusive behind the scenes tour with a small group size of 1-6 people
- Learn about the life of a chimpanzee from their keeper
- Assist the keeper in preparing daily treats and enrichment program
- Monarto Zoo is approximately 1 hour from Adelaide, no transfers provided
- Monarto Zoo asks that you do not wear red or bright colours as this may disturb animals and cause unexpected responses
- Wear enclosed flat shoes and dress for outdoor weather conditions
- A minimum of 48 hours is required for products, if there are no bookings by the Zoo for the tour to operate. All products are on request at time of booking, subject to availability
For more information, please see Zoos SA Terms and Conditions.
Terms and Conditions
- Minimum age is 12 years and children 12-16 years must be accompanied by paying adult. Prices valid for travel until 31st March 2020, for other dates please enquire.
Read our full terms and conditions.