Please note: This experience is currently unavailable until further notice.
Go behind the scenes and come face to face with our closest living ancestors.
You’ll go inside the chimp night quarters where you’ll meet the chimp troop including our infant chimp and assist the keepers in preparing enrichment items and treats for the group.
During this experience, you will gain a greater understanding of a day in the life of a Monarto Zoo chimpanzee, and also learn how you can assist in the conservation of their wild cousins.
- Entry into Monarto Safari Park
- Exclusive behind the scenes tour with a small group size of 1-6 people
- Learn about the life of a chimpanzee from their keeper
- Assist the keeper in preparing daily treats and enrichment program
- For your safety and enjoyment you must not wear any red or bright colours or loose clothing
- You are required to wear enclosed flat shoes for this experience. Failure to do so may result in your exclusion from the tour
- We respectfully remind you that participants must not have any open cuts or infections and must disclose any medical conditions of concern to the zoo prior to their participation
- Monarto Safari Park is approximately 1 hour from Adelaide, no transfers provided
- Opening Hours for Monarto Safari Park:
1st April to 30th November 2019 and 1st to 31st March 2020: 9:30am to 5pm
1st December 2019 to 29th February 2020: 9am to 4:30pm
- A minimum of 48 hours is required for products, if there are no bookings by the Zoo for the tour to operate. All products are on request at time of booking, subject to availability
For more information, please see Zoos SA Terms and Conditions.
Terms and Conditions
- Minimum age is 12 years and children 12-16 years must be accompanied by paying adult. Prices valid for travel until 31st March 2020, for other dates please enquire.
Read our full terms and conditions.