With a string of exciting births Monarto Safari Park proudly cares for one of the largest lion pride in the country and you can meet them up close!
Assist the keeper in calling the lions into their night quarters, feed them their evening meal and hear them roar. But the carnivore fun doesn’t stop there; you’ll also meet Australia’s largest Spotted Hyena clan.
- Entry into Monarto Safari Park
- Exclusive behind the scenes tour
- Learn about these magnificent animals from their keeper
- Assist the keeper in preparing the lions for dinner and bedtime!
- For your safety and enjoyment you must not wear any red or bright colours or loose clothing
- You are required to wear enclosed flat shoes for this experience. Failure to do so may result in your exclusion from the tour
- We respectfully remind you that participants must not have any open cuts or infections and must disclose any medical conditions of concern to the zoo prior to their participation
- Monarto Safari Park is approximately 1 hour from Adelaide, no transfers provided
- Opening Hours for Monarto Safari Park:
1st April to 30th November 2019 and 1st to 31st March 2020: 9:30am to 5pm
1st December 2019 to 29th February 2020: 9am to 4:30pm
- Group size 2-6 and children 10-16 years must be accompanied by paying adult
- A minimum of 48 hours is required for products, if there are no bookings by the Zoo for the tour to operate. All products are on request at time of booking, subject to availability
For more information, please see Zoos SA Terms and Conditions.
Terms and Conditions
Minimum age is 10 years. Prices valid for travel until 31st March 2020, for other dates please enquire.
Read our full terms and conditions.