Have you ever wondered what it’s like to be knee-high to a giraffe? Experience the thrill of hand-feeding our majestic male giraffe in a beautiful, rarely-seen area of Monarto Safari Park.
Learn all about our giraffe as well as the plight of giraffe in the wild, all while coming face-to-face with the world’s tallest mammals.
- Entry into Monarto Safari Park
- Get up close to our magnificent male giraffes
- Hand feed them one of their favourite treats – carrots!
- Get exclusive access to a special behind-the-scenes area
- For your safety and enjoyment you must not wear any red or bright colours or loose clothing
- You are required to wear enclosed flat shoes for this experience. Failure to do so may result in your exclusion from the tour
- We respectfully remind you that participants must not have any open cuts or infections and must disclose any medical conditions of concern to the zoo prior to their participation
- In order to prevent the potential transfer of disease to the Giraffe's, visitors must declare any colds, flu's or other sickness prior to their tour. Participants may be required to wear face-masks if deemed necessary by the keepers
- Monarto Safari Park is approximately 1 hour from Adelaide, no transfers provided.
- Opening Hours for Monarto Safari Park: 1st April to 30th November 2019 and 1st to 31st March 2020: 9:30am to 5pm 1st December 2019 to 29th February 2020: 9am to 4:30pm
- A minimum of 48 hours is required for products, if there are no bookings by the Zoo for the tour to operate. All products are on request at time of booking, subject to availability
For more information, please see Zoos SA Terms and Conditions.
Terms and Conditions
Australian Concession Card holders only. A child is between 4 and 14 years of age. An infant is between 0 and 3 years of age. Prices valid for travel 1st April 2019 to 31st March 2020, for other dates please enquire.
Read our full terms and conditions.