Take the time to explore more of Kangaroo Island and its fascinating wildlife, spectacular coastal scenery, stunning landscapes and unique local produce. See all of this and more on this relaxed, yet comprehensive two day tour. Choose to stay in the townships of Kingscote, American River or Penneshaw and enjoy a night on Kangaroo Island between your two days of touring, or why not consider extending and staying extra nights?
DAY 1 (KI Experience Tour)
Take a guided walk on the beach among a colony of rare and wild Australian sea lions with a National Parks Ranger at Seal Bay Conservation Park. Get up close and see these wild creatures frolic and laze about – a truly amazing and unforgettable experience. Then enjoy a delicious two course lunch at Vivonne Bay Bistro, set in a beautiful Australian bushland.
Spend the afternoon in the Flinders Chase National Park, which was devastated in the worst fire to ever hit the island in January 2020. You’ll see that the regeneration of the native bush occurs so quickly after the event and there will be many opportunities to take photos. As you travel through the park, keep an eye out for echidnas, wallabies, reptiles, and koalas.
See the rugged coastline from walks around Remarkable Rocks and Admirals Arch. Remarkable Rocks provide great photographic opportunities, and the Admirals Arch boardwalk takes you down a rugged cliff face to reveal the spectacular rock archway, a natural nursery and safe haven for playful Long-nosed Fur Seals.
Your last visit of the day is to the Kangaroo Island Wildlife Park to feed some kangaroos and get up close to the Kangaroo Island Koalas while listening to the Keeper talk about the cuddly mammals. There is a photo opportunity to hold a koala (additional cost).
There is also a possibility to see more kangaroos and wallabies on your way to your chosen overnight accommodation.
DAY 2 (KI Sip & See Tour)
Start your morning with a hearty buffet breakfast before heading off on day 2 of your tour. Your local guide will introduce you to some of the island’s leading creators where you will taste some local Kangaroo Island produce and wildlife.
See the amazing Birds of Prey Display at Raptor Domain. The “In-Flight” Birds of Prey display is the only one in South Australia and is said by many to be the most interactive display of its kind in Australia!
Next, travel to Emu Ridge Eucalyptus Distillery for a delicious 2-course lunch followed by a talk about their history and a guided tour of the oil distillery. You may choose to taste Kangaroo Island Ciders’ range of Colony Cove products including Apple Sparkler and Cider (additional cost). You'll then have free time to peruse their souvenir shop where you will find an assortment of Eucalyptus products and a great range of gifts.
Your next stop is Clifford’s Honey Farm, where you’ll enjoy an informative guided tour of the honey room where you will learn about the extraction process, taste a honey soft drink and have the option to sample the Drunken Drone Brewery’s Honey Wheat Ale. In the farm gate shop, you can see a working beehive where you can try to spot the Queen bee. There are different varieties of pure Kangaroo Island Ligurian honey and beauty products to purchase as well as their famous honey ice-cream.
Continue to Pennington Bay, a spectacular beach on the south coast of Kangaroo Island for a photo opportunity before arriving at your final stop False Cape Wines Cellar Door. This stunning new cellar door is made from recycled wood, jetty timbers and limestone sourced on the property. Here you can take part in a structured wine tasting while enjoying the peaceful views of the surrounding vineyards.
Your tours ends at the Penneshaw Hotel where you have ample time for dinner (own expense) before returning to the Penneshaw Ferry Terminal for your return ferry and coach transfer back to Adelaide.
- Morning pick-up and evening set down at selected Adelaide hotels
- Return travel to Kangaroo Island by coach/ferry
- Two days of expert commentary by a local driver/guide
- Ultimate Kangaroo Island 2 Day Tour includes:
- DAY 1:
- Seal Bay Conservation Park guided beach walk
- 2-course lunch at Vivonne Bay Bistro
- Flinders Chase National Park including Remarkable Rocks & Admirals Arch
- Kangaroos and Koala viewing at Kangaroo Island Wildlife Park (#Koala holding additional cost)
- DAY 2:
- In-Flight Birds of Prey Display at Raptor Domain
- 2-course lunch and Guided Tour at Emu Ridge Eucalyptus Distillery (optional Cider Tasting additional cost, if time permits)
- Guided Tour and Shop Visit at Clifford’s Honey Farm (optional sample of Drunken Drone Brewery’s Honey Wheat Ale)
- Visit stunning Pennington Bay for a spectacular photo opportunity
- Structured Wine Tasting at False Cape Wines
- Free time in Penneshaw for dinner (own expense)
- Overnight accommodation on Kangaroo Island including full buffet breakfast