NEW TOUR - BOOK & TRAVEL NOW UNTIL 31st MARCH 2021!
Take the time to explore more of Kangaroo Island and its fascinating wildlife, spectacular coastal scenery, stunning landscapes and unique local produce. See all of this and more on this relaxed, yet comprehensive two day tour. Choose to stay in the townships of Kingscote, American River or Penneshaw and enjoy a night on Kangaroo Island between your two days of touring, or why not consider extending and staying extra nights?
Take a guided walk on the beach among a colony of rare and wild Australian sea lions with a National Parks Ranger at Seal Bay Conservation Park. Get up close and see these wild creatures frolic and laze about – a truly amazing and unforgettable experience.
Enjoy a delicious 2-course lunch at the Parndana Hotel before visiting the Kangaroo Island Wildlife Park to feed some kangaroos and get up close to the Kangaroo Island Koalas while listening to the Keeper talk about the cuddly mammals. There is a photo opportunity to hold a Koala for an additional cost (additional cost#).
Spend the afternoon in the Flinders Chase National Park, which was devastated in the worst fire to ever hit the island in January 2020. You’ll see that the regeneration of the native bush occurs so quickly after the event and there will be many opportunities to take photos. As you travel through the park, keep an eye out for echidnas, wallabies, reptiles, and koalas.
See the rugged coastline from walks around Remarkable Rocks and Admirals Arch. Remarkable Rocks provide great photographic opportunities, and the Admirals Arch boardwalk takes you down a rugged cliff face to reveal the spectacular rock archway, a natural nursery and safe haven for playful Long-nosed Fur Seals. There is also a possibility to see more kangaroos and wallabies on your way to your chosen overnight accommodation.
Start your morning with a hearty buffet breakfast before heading off on day 2 of your tour. Your local guide will introduce you to some of the island’s leading creators where you will taste some local Kangaroo Island produce and wildlife.
See the amazing Birds of Prey Display at Raptor Domain. The “In-Flight” Birds of Prey display is the only one in South Australia and is said by many to be the most interactive display of its kind in Australia!
Next, travel to Emu Ridge Eucalyptus Distillery for a delicious 2-course lunch followed by a talk about their history and a guided tour of the oil distillery. You'll then have free time to peruse their souvenir shop where you will find an assortment of Eucalyptus products and a great range of gifts. Then visit Clifford’s Honey Farm shop where you can see a working beehive and find out about the Ligurian honey bees. Here you'll be able to taste different varieties of pure Kangaroo Island Ligurian honey and sample their honey beauty products.
In the afternoon, stop at Kangaroo Island Spirits for a structured tasting. Known as 'KIS', the company is Kangaroo Island's only boutique distillery and their award-winning Gin, Vodka and Liqueurs (which you'll get to try) are all produced on the premises.
Our final stop for the day is the new False Cape Wines cellar door, where you'll enjoy taking in the views of idyllic bushland and vineyard surrounds. Here you'll enjoy a tasting of their premium Kangaroo Island wines.
Your tours ends at the Penneshaw Hotel where you have ample time for dinner (own expense) before returning to the Penneshaw Ferry Terminal for your return ferry and coach transfer back to Adelaide.
- Morning pick-up and evening set down at selected Adelaide or Glenelg hotels
- Return travel to Kangaroo Island by coach/ferry
- Two days of expert commentary by a local driver/guide
- Ultimate Kangaroo Island 2 Day Tour includes:
- DAY 1:
- Seal Bay Conservation Park guided beach walk
- 2-course lunch at Parndana Hotel
- Kangaroos and Koala viewing at Kangaroo Island Wildlife Park (#Koala holding additional cost)
- Flinders Chase National Park including Remarkable Rocks & Admirals Arch
- DAY 2:
- In-Flight Birds of Prey Display at Raptor Domain
- 2-course lunch and Guided Tour at Emu Ridge Eucalyptus Distillery
- Visit Clifford’s Honey Farm Shop
- Tastings at Kangaroo Island Spirits
- Structured Wine Tasting at False Cape Wines
- Free time in Penneshaw for dinner (own expense)
- Overnight accommodation on Kangaroo Island including full buffet breakfast
|Accommodation||Departs From||Per Person / Twin Share|
|Sorrento's Room at Kangaroo Island Seafront Hotel, Penneshaw
|Executive Room at Aurora Ozone Hotel, Kingscote
|Superior King Bayview Room at Mercure Kangaroo Island Lodge, American River||Adelaide||$696.50|
- If you have any special dietary requirements please contact us and let us know
- Viewing of wildlife is not guaranteed, especially during summer months
- Itinerary and inclusions are subject to change especially on days classified as catastrophic fire danger on Kangaroo Island.
Terms and Conditions
From price is based on per person / twin share, ex Adelaide, staying in a Sorrento's Room at the Kangaroo Island Seafront Hotel, Penneshaw. Prices valid for travel 5th August 2020 to 31st March 2021, for other dates please enquire.
Read our full terms and conditions.