For those with limited time, experience the highlights of South Australia’s premier nature-based tourism destination, Kangaroo Island. As one of our most popular day tours, you will see a number of the major attractions of Kangaroo Island.
Take a guided walk on the beach among a colony of rare and wild Australian sea lions with a National Parks Ranger at Seal Bay Conservation Park. Enjoy a two-course lunch and spend the afternoon at Flinders Chase National Park, renowned as a sanctuary for native Australian animals including kangaroos, wallabies, koalas and echidnas.
Enjoy a delicious 2-course lunch at an Aussie Pub before visiting the Kangaroo Island Wildlife Park to feed some kangaroos and get up close to the Kangaroo Island Koalas while listening to the Keeper talk about the cuddly mammals. There is a photo opportunity to hold a Koala for an additional cost (additional cost#).
Spend the afternoon in the Flinders Chase National Park, which was devastated in the worst fire to ever hit the island in January 2020. You’ll see that the regeneration of the native bush occurs so quickly after the event and there will be many opportunities to take photos. As you travel through the park, keep an eye out for echidnas, wallabies, reptiles, and koalas.
See the rugged coastline from walks around Remarkable Rocks and Admirals Arch. Remarkable Rocks provide great photographic opportunities, and the Admirals Arch boardwalk takes you down a rugged cliff face to reveal the spectacular rock archway, a natural nursery and safe haven for playful Long-nosed Fur Seals. There is also a possibility that you will see more kangaroos and wallabies on your return to Penneshaw for your return ferry and coach transfer back to Adelaide.
From Adelaide, this tour is a 16 hour day that includes travel to and from Kangaroo Island. You do get time to rest during your ferry transfers & coach travel between attractions. Or, if you have the time to spare, why not consider staying overnight on Kangaroo Island or going over the day before your tour!
- Morning pick up and evening set down at selected Adelaide and Glenelg Hotels
- Return scenic SeaLink coach transfers to Cape Jervis
- Return SeaLink ferry crossing from the mainland to Penneshaw
- Full day tour in a large, air-conditioned coach with expert commentary from your local driver/guide
- Seal Bay guided beach walk amongst a colony of rare Australian sea lions with experienced guide
- Delicious 2-course lunch at Parndana Hotel
- Kangaroos and Koala viewing at Kangaroo Island Wildlife Park (#Koala holding additional cost)
- Flinders Chase National Park including Admirals Arch and Remarkable Rocks
- All admission fees
If you have the time to spare, why not consider staying overnight on Kangaroo Island with the KI Highlights Escape Tour or going over the day before your tour!
- If you have any special dietary requirements please contact us and let us know
- Viewing of wildlife is not guaranteed, especially during summer months
- Itinerary and inclusions are subject to change especially on days classified as catastrophic fire danger on Kangaroo Island
- #Koala holding will not be available during hot summer days and days of extreme weather. General height and age restrictions apply which is 140cms or over 12 years. Other conditions may apply.
- Mandarin speaking fully guided tour available from January 2021 - please enquire
Terms and Conditions
This tour departs from Adelaide. A child is between 3 and 14 years of age. Prices valid for travel 1st April 2020 to 31st March 2021, for other dates please enquire.
Read our full terms and conditions.