This escape is perfect for visitors who have limited time, but want a more relaxed day; this tour enjoys all the benefits of the Kangaroo Island Sip & See Day Tour but rather than an early start from your selected pick-up, you can leave the afternoon before the day tour and enjoy a relaxed night's accommodation in the delightful town of Penneshaw on Kangaroo Island.
Start your tour day later in the morning with a buffet breakfast included before heading off on your one day coach tour to discover Kangaroo Island's most famous wildlife, local produce and wine & spirits attractions. Your local guide will introduce you to some of the island’s leading producers where you will taste some local Kangaroo Island produce.
See the amazing Birds of Prey presentation at Raptor Domain, the only one in South Australia and is said by many to be the most interactive display of its kind in Australia!
Next, travel to Emu Ridge Eucalyptus Distillery for a delicious lunch followed by an introductory talk about the history of the oil distillery and take a guided tour. You may choose to taste Kangaroo Island Ciders’ range of Colony Cove products including Apple Sparkler and Cider (additional cost). Finish off with some free time in their souvenir shop where you will find an assortment of Eucalyptus products.
Your next stop is Clifford’s Honey Farm, where you’ll enjoy an informative guided tour of the honey room where you will learn about the extraction process, taste a honey soft drink and have the option to sample the Drunken Drone Brewery’s Honey Wheat Ale. In the farm gate shop, you can see a working beehive where you can try to spot the Queen bee. There are different varieties of pure Kangaroo Island Ligurian honey and beauty products to purchase as well as their famous honey ice-cream.
Continue to Pennington Bay, a spectacular beach on the south coast of Kangaroo Island for a photo opportunity before arriving at your final stop False Cape Wines Cellar Door. This stunning new cellar door is made from recycled wood, jetty timbers and limestone sourced on the property. Here you can take part in a structured wine tasting while enjoying the peaceful views of the surrounding vineyards.
Your tours ends at the Penneshaw Hotel where you have ample time for dinner (own expense) before returning to the Penneshaw Ferry Terminal for your return ferry and coach transfer back to Adelaide.
This tour includes transport, one night's accommodation, full buffet breakfast at Kangaroo Island Seafront Hotel and the one day tour, including a two-course lunch, all park entry fees and guided tours.
- Selected pick-up and set down from Adelaide hotels
- Return travel to Kangaroo Island by coach/ferry
- Expert commentary by a local driver/guide
- Kangaroo Island Sip & See Day Tour includes:
- Free Flight Birds of Prey Presentation at Raptor Domain
- 2 course lunch and Guided Tour at Emu Ridge Eucalyptus Distillery (optional Cider Tasting additional cost)
- Guided Tour and Shop Visit at Clifford’s Honey Farm (optional sample of Drunken Drone Brewery’s Honey Wheat Ale)
- Visit stunning Pennington Bay
- Structured Wine Tasting at False Cape Wines
- Free time in Penneshaw for dinner (own expense)
- Overnight accommodation at the Kangaroo Island Seafront Hotel (Penneshaw) including full breakfast
- If you have any special dietary requirements please contact us and let us know
- Itinerary and inclusions are subject to change especially on days classified as catastrophic fire danger on Kangaroo Island.
Terms and Conditions
- Prices are valid for travel 1st April 2022 to to 31st March 2023, for other dates please enquire.
- Prices are based on per person, twin share, staying at the Kangaroo Island Seafront Hotel, Penneshaw.
- Please enquire for single, extra person & child prices.
- *Sorrento's Room accommodates Single and Double share only (no twin beds or extra person available).
- ^Garden Villas are not available for one night stays between 19/12/22 to 16/01/23.
- All rooms at the Kangaroo Island Seafront Hotel are not serviced on Sundays and Public Holidays.
Read our full terms and conditions.