Perfect for tourists with little time, but want a more relaxed day. This tour enjoys all the benefits of the One Day Kangaroo Island Experience, but rather than an early start from Adelaide, you can leave the afternoon before the day tour and enjoy a relaxed night's accommodation at the delightful town of Penneshaw on Kangaroo Island.
Start your tour later in the morning after a buffet breakfast and head off on your coach tour showing you the best highlights of Kangaroo Island.
Take a guided walk on the beach among a colony of rare and wild Australian sea lions with a National Parks Ranger at Seal Bay Conservation Park.
Enjoy a delicious 2-course lunch at an Aussie Pub before visiting the Kangaroo Island Wildlife Park to feed some kangaroos and get up close to the Kangaroo Island Koalas while listening to the Keeper talk about the cuddly mammals. There is a photo opportunity to hold a Koala for an additional cost (additional cost).
Spend the afternoon in the Flinders Chase National Park, which was devastated in the worst fire to ever hit the island in January 2020. You’ll see that the regeneration of the native bush occurs so quickly after the event and there will be many opportunities to take photos. As you travel through the park, keep an eye out for echidnas, wallabies, reptiles, and koalas.
See the rugged coastline from walks around Remarkable Rocks and Admirals Arch. Remarkable Rocks provide great photographic opportunities, and the Admirals Arch boardwalk takes you down a rugged cliff face to reveal the spectacular rock archway, a natural nursery and safe haven for playful Long-nosed Fur Seals. There is also a possibility that you will see more kangaroos and wallabies on your return to Penneshaw for your return ferry and coach transfer back to Adelaide.
- Afternoon pick up (day 1) and evening set down (day 2) from selected Adelaide and Glenelg Hotels
- Return scenic SeaLink coach transfers to Cape Jervis
- Return SeaLink ferry crossing from the mainland to Penneshaw
- Full day Kangaroo Island Experience tour in a large, air-conditioned coach with expert commentary from your local driver/guide
- Seal Bay guided beach walk amongst a colony of rare Australian sea lions with experienced guide
- Delicious 2-course lunch at Parndana Hotel
- Kangaroos and Koala viewing at Kangaroo Island Wildlife Park (#Koala holding additional cost)
- Flinders Chase National Park including Admirals Arch and Remarkable Rocks
- All admission fees
- Overnight accommodation at the Kangaroo Island Seafront Hotel, Penneshaw with full breakfast
- If you have any special dietary requirements please contact us and let us know.
- Viewing of wildlife is not guaranteed, especially during summer months.
- Itinerary and inclusions are subject to change especially on days classified as catastrophic fire danger on Kangaroo Island.
- #Koala holding will not be available during hot summer days and days of extreme weather. Our general height and age restrictions is 140cm or over 12 years. Other conditions may apply.
Terms and Conditions
Price based on per person, twin share staying in a Sorrento's Room at the Kangaroo Island Seafront Hotel in Penneshaw. Prices valid for travel 1st April 2020 to 31st March 2021, for other dates please enquire. Extra person charges apply. Other room types are available, please contact us for prices and booking.
Read our full terms and conditions.