Perfect for tourists with little time, but want a more relaxed day. This tour enjoys all the benefits of the One Day Kangaroo Island Experience, but rather than an early start from Adelaide, you can leave the afternoon before the day tour and enjoy a relaxed night's accommodation at the delightful town of Penneshaw on Kangaroo Island.
Start your tour later in the morning after a buffet breakfast and head off on your coach tour showing you the best highlights of Kangaroo Island.
Take a guided walk on the beach among a colony of rare and wild Australian sea lions with a National Parks Ranger at Seal Bay Conservation Park. Then enjoy a delicious two course lunch at Vivonne Bay Bistro, set in a beautiful Australian bushland.
Spend the afternoon in the Flinders Chase National Park, which was devastated in the worst fire to ever hit the island in January 2020. You’ll see that the regeneration of the native bush occurs so quickly after the event and there will be many opportunities to take photos. As you travel through the park, keep an eye out for echidnas, wallabies, reptiles, and koalas.
See the rugged coastline from walks around Remarkable Rocks and Admirals Arch. Remarkable Rocks provide great photographic opportunities, and the Admirals Arch boardwalk takes you down a rugged cliff face to reveal the spectacular rock archway, a natural nursery and safe haven for playful Long-nosed Fur Seals.
Your last visit of the day is to the Kangaroo Island Wildlife Park to feed some kangaroos and get up close to the Kangaroo Island Koalas while listening to the Keeper talk about the cuddly mammals. There is also a possibility that you will see more kangaroos and wallabies on your return to Penneshaw for your return ferry and coach transfer back to Adelaide.
- Afternoon pick up (day 1) and evening set down (day 2) from selected Adelaide Hotels
- Return scenic SeaLink coach transfers to Cape Jervis
- Return SeaLink ferry crossing from the mainland to Penneshaw
- Full day Kangaroo Island Experience tour in a large, air-conditioned coach with expert commentary from your local driver/guide
- Seal Bay guided beach walk amongst a colony of rare Australian sea lions with experienced guide
- Delicious 2-course lunch at Vivonne Bay Bistro
- Flinders Chase National Park including Admirals Arch and Remarkable Rocks
- Kangaroos and Koala viewing at Kangaroo Island Wildlife Park
- All admission fees
- Overnight accommodation at the Kangaroo Island Seafront Hotel, Penneshaw with cooked breakfast
- If you have any special dietary requirements please contact us and let us know.
- Viewing of wildlife is not guaranteed, especially during summer months.
- Itinerary and inclusions are subject to change especially on days classified as catastrophic fire danger on Kangaroo Island.
Terms and Conditions
Price based on per person, twin share staying in a Sorrento's Room at the Kangaroo Island Seafront Hotel in Penneshaw. Extra person charges apply, please contact us for prices and bookings. Prices valid for travel until 31st March 2023. Kangaroo Island Seafront Hotel: *Sorrento's Room accommodates Single and Double share only (no twin beds or extra person available), and ^Garden Villas are not available for one night stays between 15/12/21 to 05/01/22 or 19/12/22 to 16/01/23. All rooms will not be serviced on Sundays and Public Holidays.
Read our full terms and conditions.