Wine, lunch and chocolate are the delights of a dream day out in the Barossa on this intimate full-day tour. Take time to sample some of the Barossa's finest wines and gourmet food that has made this South Australian wine region an international icon.
Your first stop is Pindarie Wines, a family owned and award winning cellar door. A family winemaker will share the story of this stunning property and will lead you through tastings, with cheese, in the all-charm sandstone stables converted into a cellar door. Then, it’s coffee and cake on the verandah, or in winter, cosied up around the fire. There’s time for fun photos by a haystack framed by bucolic views dominated by shiraz vines.
The small-group tour moves on to Maggie Beer's Farm Shop^, to see and sample the famous food identity’s world of local produce, and a close encounter with that famous The Cook and the Chef kitchen. Our beloved cook offers tastings galore and chats with her crew. A bounty of Maggie’s products and books for sale make this a delicious souvenir stop with incredible views over the lake.
Lunch is at the mod Lambert Estate, with panoramic vineyard views, halls of local art, and a sun-drenched balcony in summer or by a giant crackling fire midyear. It’s a private party where you will be treated to wine tastings along with family anecdotes and wine notes. After a hearty two-course lunch, why not take your coffee and 'a Chocolatier' (chocolate port) out on to that balcony.
A photo stop at Mengler Hill affords fabulous sweeping Valley views, before the next taste-buds-tempting exercise at the Barossa Valley Chocolate Company.
Sit down to a flight of local Vineyard Road wines and chocolate, with an expert guide revealing why they meld so well. A viewing wall showcases the crafting of more than 250 chocolate products, including the newest ruby flavor. Then, browse the collection for gifts to take home, or will they make it that far?
- Morning pick up and evening set down at selected Adelaide Hotels
- Full day guided small coach tour with expert commentary by local driver/guide
- Morning tea and tastings at the award winning Pindarie Wines, Gomersal
- Visit to Maggie Beer’s Farm Shop^
- Delicious 2 course Barossa lunch at Lambert Estate, Angaston
- Mengler Hill Lookout for views over the Barossa
- Enjoy house made chocolates paired with wine at Barossa Valley Chocolate Company, Tanunda
- Expert commentary by local driver/guide
- If you have any special dietary requirements please contact us and let us know.
- Itinerary subject to change and some of the inclusions may be replaced temporarily without notice.
- ^On Wednesdays (until further notice), Maggie Beer’s Farm Shop is closed, and time will be spent exploring the main street of Tanunda
- Pindarie will be closed between 23/12/20 - 05/01/21 and morning tea and wine tastings will be held at Kies Family Wines and Monkey Nut Café.
- On 1st January 2021 (New Year’s Day) Pindarie and Maggie Beer’s are both closed. Morning tea and wine tastings will be held at Kellermeister to replace Pindarie and wine tasting at Saltram Wine Estate will replace Maggie Beer’s Farm Shop.
Terms and Conditions
Prices are valid for travel until to 31st March 2021, for other dates please enquire. A child is between 3 and 14 years of age, however this tour is not recommended for children. Australian Concession Card holders only.
Read our full terms and conditions.